.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, August 11, 2013

 

NEO 2005 WK4, August 10, 2013

NEO 2005 WK4 at 18:00 UT 10 August, 13  hours after closest approach. 19x15 second images taken with iTelescope T9. The images were stacked in ImageJ and a Max intensity Z project made, then despeckeled.The sequence is an improvement on the previous attempts that were Animated gif from the 19 frames

Near Earth Asteroid 2005 WK4 (420 m diameter came close to Earth on August 9 at 05:02 UT at distance of 0.02 AU (around 8 Earth-Moon distances). The asteroid was around currently magnitude 14.0 when I took this.My previous images are here and here.

Here's a YouTube version of the animation as well

Labels: , ,


Comments:
...(O:
 
Hi Ian! Your blog on astronomy is so coooooool! I was searching the name of the star under the moon every night around 7:30 pm when found your blog. I'm a Chinese visiting student in Adelaide, and would like to translate your astronomy blog into Chinese to spread more knowledge. I wonder if you are interested in it. If so please contact me !
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?