.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, February 19, 2006

 

Mars passes the Pleiades

Click image for larger version (where you can actually see the Pleiades). The image is a stack of 4 images made in The Gimp, after dark frame subtraction. The images were taken on the 15th, 17th, 18th and 19th as Mars zoomed past the Pleiades. A very lovely sight in binoculars or the naked eye. I tried to take all the images at the same local time, but children, clouds and a variety of other issues prevented that. Now that I've worked out stacking (well, mostly worked out stacking, with a big tip of the hat to the hard working Megan), now all I have to do is get Blogger to show my images as I see them on my computers image processing software.

Comments:
You're getting good at this! :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?